City in the clouds

City in the clouds

21 March 2013

Back to Basics


I need to incorporate writing into my daily routine. This sounds terrible... not because of the writing but because of the fact that it came to the point that I have to say such a thing! There were times I used to write all the time without even thinking about it. Why did I stop? I could find zillion reasons and create an intricate conspiracy theory that would blame it on everyone and everything happening in the world from pollution to societal developments over the last decade. The cruel truth is that it is entirely my fault simply because it is I who yielded... the circumstances are just there, it's not their fault.
  
Although, I still do it ... in theory, I have never stopped writing... I write from the moment I wake up till the moment I fall asleep. I narrate, develop plots, conversations, situations, descriptions all day long, in my head. Every time I phase out during a conversation... every time my friends catch me not paying attention. I know it's annoying but I can't help it. It happens over and over again. I don't even think I am capable of thinking any other way. I do it constantly! Interestingly, some of my best work is always done in motion which explains my obsession with walking. I walk all the time and everywhere, I love it, especially when I am alone. My mind goes wild. It is also pretty funny as time to time, if I am working on a conversation packed with emotional responses, it sometimes reflects on my facial expression which in consequence really confuses random passers by... when I think about it ... I am a rather strange person I suppose... I can't be sure, I have nothing to compare it to. It may be that everybody is strange (in a way) but some manage to hide it better than I. I would love to see how it works in someone else's head...

But back to business! Since I haven't written for some time, I assumed it would be smart to get used to the physical act of writing every day before committing myself to writing (or attempting to write) literature. Writing is an amazing convoluted yet simple process and I love it, but to stick to a story and pull it all the way to the finish line is to a great extend an act of determination and perseverance. It does not matter how much you love the story, there will come a point you will want to throw your laptop against the wall... Creating a world and characters in it is a bit like playing God and that is a lot of responsibility... the most difficult part is to actually place that finish line because no one else will do it for you. Anyway, Since this day onward, I am writing a blog entry every single day until I get into it... It can't take that long... the salsa challenge was a challenge only first 2-3 weeks... now I am addicted and there is no way back... not that I wanna go back :-) .


.

No comments: